The number of students that enroll in colleges had been on the rise, and this has prompted most universities around the country to offer student housing either inside the campus and/or near to it.
There are plenty of benefits to residing in student housing, particularly for those who are attending college in their first year. There are plenty of social as well as academic benefits as well to such a living situation.
– Students that reside in student housing right inside the campus have higher graduation probabilities compared to their fellow students residing off campus otherwise at home. There could be quite a few factors that are probably causing this trend; one key factor is because alcohol is a no-no in on campus student housing. Since alcohol is not permitted, having a party is inconvenient, unlike living off campus with friends.
– Students living in on campus housing have the tendency to become more involved in campus activities, like committees or clubs. Taking part in any of the extracurricular activities makes your college encounter more exciting as well as builds your resume. Living on campus makes college life more enjoyable, and it builds up your resume. Those students who live outside would not be as aware of the events happening inside the campus.
– On campus living is safer than living off campus. There are campus police at the universities that watches over the housing units.
– On campus living situations allow a student to save his/her money as well. If you are living on campus, you no longer need to drive yourself to class. With the rising gas prices, it offers a good option to save money.
– Student housing is as well very near to the university library, campus store, book store, health centers, dining hall and gym, which helps you to avoid traffic and consuming unnecessary gas again.
If you are still undecided on living alone after completing high school, you can slowly make that transition into the real world through student housing. Although you are basically alone, there will be lesser responsibilities thrust on your shoulder. Student housing options usually have meal plans, housekeeping services, as well as laundry services, so you will be able to easily transition into this newfound freedom that you have.
In case you are searching for a full college encounter, then student housing Auburn AL is probably what you are looking for. Student housing provides the opportunity to take part in many clubs as well as cultural activities and can open up your life to new individuals in addition to new outlook in life.